Money Management Tool Update
On February 21st, we will be upgrading our personal finance management software FinanceWorks to Money Management, a leader in the data-driven money management industry! Money Money offers a variety of new features such as:
- Improved category-level trends
- Debt payoff forecasting
- Detailed Net Worth analysis and tracking
- Expanded goals to include not only Debt Payoff, but Savings and Retirement goals
- Cash Flow calendar
- Text alerts in addition to the email alerts
- Auto-categorization significantly improved from approximately 65% in FinanceWorks to approximately 90% in Money Management
Is anything changing?
Many of the existing FinanceWorks experiences will continue to be available in Money Management, but with an updated look and feel. There are a variety of things that are being improved upon or are changing including:
- The Spending widget on the home page is being replaced with an interactive Budgets widget
- Tax Watch is being replaced with broader categorization reporting that includes not only charitable donations and child care expenses, but every other category as well
Is everything migrating from FinanceWorks?
While most account information for both Essential and outside accounts will be migrated from FinanceWorks to Money Management, including the names, account types and balances, there are some limitations:
- We will migrate approximately 18 months of transaction history for all accounts. Any history over 18 months will need to be manually exported prior to 2/21/2018.
- For security reasons, we are not migrating outside account login credentials. On first login, Money Management will prompt for login credentials so that accounts will aggregate successfully from that point forward.
- Transaction categories will not be migrated, instead allowing the auto-categorization processes to correctly categorize the transactions with more accuracy.
- Budgets will not be migrated, instead allowing end users to use the one-click automatic generation of budgets based on the improved transaction categorization.
- Alerts will not be migrated, but end users can easily setup both email and SMS text alerts within Money Management.
- Goals will not be migrated, instead encouraging users to setup not only Debt Payoff goals but Savings and Retirement goals as well.