Annual Meeting Postposted
To ensure the safety of our members and staff, our Annual Meeting has been postponed. A rescheduled date will be announced at a later time.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Central Branch Closure
With much thought and consideration, Essential has decided to permanently close our Central branch effective April 30, 2020. As we see an increase in the usage of digital services, Essential will be reconfiguring our branch delivery channels. To ensure you have 24/7 access to your accounts, please see the options listed below.
How to manage your membership with Essential:
- Visit one of our other branches listed found here.
- Walker branch is located 13 miles from the Central branch at 28645 Walker South Road, Walker, LA 70785
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Visit essentialfcu.org or download our mobile app to get started. There are many features within Essential’s digital services; transfer funds, deposit checks, apply for loans, manage accounts, transfer funds to other institutions, and much more.
- Central ATM
- Central ATM will remain and will be soon upgraded to a Full Service ATM. This means you will be able to make deposits, transfer funds as well as make withdrawals.
- Co-Op Shared Branching
- You have access to many credit unions nationwide and surcharge-free ATMs across the nation. Visit www.co-opsharedbranch.org to find a shared branch near you.
Free Financial Webinars
APRIL- IDENTITY THEFT SOLUTIONS
Identity theft is becoming more common and sophisticated than ever. Sessions participants will learn the methods that identity thieves use to acess confidential information, tools for preventing ID theft, and steps to take should identity theft occur.
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | 12:30 p.m. CT
Thursday, April 23, 2020 | 7:30 p.m. CT
MAY – BECOMING A HOMEOWNER
Homeownership starts well before the contracts are signed—preparation is one of the keys to a smooth home buying process. This webinar covers all major pre-purchase topics such as budgeting, the down payment, credit reports, debt to-income ratios, and the mortgage lending process.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 | 12:30 a.m. CT
Thursday, May 21, 2020 | 7:30 p.m. CT
JUNE – UNDERSTANDING CREDIT
Credit: Many want it but how do you get it? This webinar covers all aspects of becoming an educated credit consumer, including how lenders evaluate for credit approval, factors that impact credit qualification, how credit scoring works, and ways money management today impacts credit standing tomorrow.
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 | 12:30 a.m. CT
Thursday, June 18, 2020 | 7:30 p.m. CT
Using Your VISA Card When Traveling
When traveling this holiday season, please remember to notify Essential to prevent unnecessary blocks on your card. Certain transactions may be blocked due to behavior conflicts on your card, this is for your security. Notifying Essential will make using your VISA Card easier so you can enjoy your traveling experience. Contact us at 888.369.2207 or email us at eServices@essentialfcu.org. For Visa Global Emergency Assistance, please click here.
News - Essential Federal Credit Union - Credit Union Baton Rouge
Take a look at Baton Rouge credit union Essential FCU's news section! We serve members in Baton Rouge, Walker, Central, Plaquemine, Gonzales & New Roads.